Data Analyst PEAL Officer
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Computer & IT ]
Raising The Village
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2021
Within Uganda , Mbarara , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, November 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Supervisor: Senior PEAL Officer – Data Management
Years of Experience: 2-5 years
Travel Required: 10%
The Data Analyst PEAL Officer works within the data management unit and in close coordination with the planning and evaluation units and is responsible for the management of the entire data lifecycle including collection, management and storage, analysis, reporting, innovations and development as well as facilitating learning and exchange of information.
This person will support all Program Evaluations and ensure that analysis generated is used to communicate RTV’s outcomes and impact to various internal and external stakeholders. This role also supervises contracted field staff across districts during execution of RTV Surveys and Standards Evaluations.
Roles and Responsibilities
Data Management, Analysis, and Reporting (60%)
● Lead the management of the organization’s Centralized M&E Database with automated workflows for real-time information, up-to-date visuals and dashboards from across field sites.
● Ensure accurate and timely data sorting, coding, cleaning, validation and aggregation to inform program designs and other subsequent reports.
● Lead data quality checks, data control and management through RTV technology platforms.
● Analyze data and information that is readable and resourceful for further use.
● Create and implement policies for effective data management in compliance with the organization’s data policies including privacy.
● Collaborate with the PEAL team to design appropriate data collection and aggregation tools, with plans to routinely update them for data quality improvement.
● Plan and coordinate field surveys; including development of work plans, schedules and other necessary guiding tools like survey guidelines, and or policies related to safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity and quality of data collected.
● Design and lead baseline assessments on RTV metrics including data collection on household income and poverty levels standards evaluations, village mapping and profiling, water surveys, needs assessment and LC1 surveys
● Supervise and build capacity for field staff – to achieve their data collection targets and present data and information in the best possible format for further analysis.
● Responsible for reporting and storage of data – ensuring that relevant reports are accurately completed from the analyzed data points and stored in appropriate files and folders for further reference. Use of automation applications like Alteryx or related to improve processes.
Coordination of Evaluations and Surveys (30%)
● Work with the Evaluation unit to design, maintain and update M&E tools for tracking, evaluation and reporting with a focus on technology adoption and efficient operationalization to meet organization’s objectives.
● Ensure the completion of in-depth project evaluations throughout the project lifecycle while working with local government, communities and relevant teams.
● Support the Evaluation unit to perform post evaluation investigations on the findings, including modeling and predicting based on historical data, and design and update statistical models to forecast/predict, discover trends for planning and learning.
● Support the organization’s technical analysis for project inputs, outputs and outcomes.
● Ensure availability of information that is thorough and precise for critical decision making.
● Supporting the Planning and Learning units and other organization units to achieve programmatic objectives.
● Other essential duties as required by management.
Qualifications & Experience
● University degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Quantitative Economics, Business Computing, Mathematics, Population Studies, or related field
● Post graduate qualification in Monitoring & Evaluation and, or Project Planning and management preferably from Uganda Management Institute (UMI) would be an added advantage.
● At least 2 years of experience in M&E in the development sector.
● Minimum of 2 years’ experience and knowledge of the M&E tools, techniques and frameworks.
Skills & Qualities
● Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the application of Theories of Change (TOC), results/logical frameworks, and the development/implementation of learning agenda.
● Ability to apply M&E process-based tools including result-based and participatory monitoring and evaluation, gender analysis frameworks, feasibility studies, data quality assurance and reporting.
● Demonstrated understanding of M&E tools including LQAS, public expenditure, citizen reports scorecard, cost benefit analysis, GIS / GPS application in M&E, community report Cards, SWOT analysis, results-based management and outcome mapping.
● Strong training & facilitation skills.
● IT skills, including experience with stat packages specifically STATA, Alteryx, EpiInfo, ArcGIS, MS Excel, MS Access, Tableau, Drone2Map and Survey123 programming will be an advantage.
● Experience of participatory research within last mile communities will be an advantage.
● Team player, with the ability to be self-driven
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
● Previous work experience in Uganda’s last mile rural communities will be an advantage
● Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity with a commitment to inclusivity.
● Flexibility to work effectively with changing priorities and competing deadlines.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Raising The Village is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We highly encourage women candidates to apply.
The deadline for applications is 30th Nov 2021
Use the link below to apply.