Project Intern – Innovations Against Poverty (IAP) Project
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Management ]
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy, and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organization, with decentralized management. For more information on our operations in Uganda and SNV generally visit our website: www.snv.org
SNV is implementing the Phase II of a multi country Innovations Against Poverty (IAP) project (2016-2023) with funding from Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA). SNV is supported by BoP Innovation Centre and Inclusive Business Sweden in implementing the project across Cambodia, Ethiopia, Uganda, and Zambia. The overall goal of the project is to reduce poverty and improve living conditions for the Base of the Pyramid (BoP) population. The IAP Program challenges private sector Enterprises to implement innovative business projects that deliver both commercial benefits for the companies themselves and development benefits for the people living in poverty in terms of Job creation, income improvement, access to basic goods and services and contribute to environmental sustainability.
The program provides inclusive business co-investment funding ranging from EUR 50,000- EUR 200,000 and business advisory support covering developing and rolling inclusive business models in low-income markets, professional business operations and management, innovations, and matchmaking for scale up investments from other financing opportunities. There are currently 6 grantees that were awarded funds for IAP Round 2.
The purpose of this TOR is to seek the services of a university graduate with two or less years of work experience, to support the IAP Uganda team in the implementation and monitoring activities related to the IAP project outputs. This post is particularly for young graduates seeking to build their experience in the development space. It is therefore both a learning and a value adding relationship. The intern is expected to take advantage of the space provided to enrich their experience and develop themselves while providing quality service to the IAP project at SNV Uganda.
Roles and Responsibilities
IAP Grantee assistance (50%)
Follow up on the grantees’ compliance to setting up and maintaining up to date electronic filing systems. This is in accordance with the IT technical support that will be provided to the grantees by IAP as part of the non-financial services.
Follow up on the grantees in regard to increasing their online visibility by updating their websites, use of social platforms linked in, twitter, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Instagram.
Project assistance (50%)
Participate in grantee field monitoring activities and assist in planning and scheduling the field visits with the grantees and writing field visit reports.
Assist the grantees in preparing for milestone reporting
• Follow up on grantee compliance to the recommended filing structure for supporting information.
• Check that the supporting documents comply with the reporting checklist
• For each grantee milestone report, download the respective documents from SmartME into SharePoint, organise them accordingly
• Organise the information in the financial report folder according to the Budget codes and then voucher numbers per budget code
• Organise the information in the technical report folder according to the activity codes.
• Organise the information in the Assessment report folder according to the KPIs
• Participate in all regular check in calls/meetings/visits with grantees taking note of the key actions for follow up.
• Ensure proper documentation and filing of reports for the project. Keep the IAP Uganda content on SharePoint up to date; maintain an efficient archiving system and take time to have the files updates regularly and in the rightful places.
• Provide administrative support during project workshops and meetings
• Liaise with selected service providers to ensure timely delivery of services during workshops, conferences, seminars, and meetings
Assist the project team in gathering information for documenting case stories, lessons learned and best practices
Contribute fresh ideas on aspects of project branding and visibility
Assume any other responsibilities relevant to the position as assigned by the Project manager
• A Bachelor’s degree in a Business Administration and Management, Social Sciences, Development Studies, or related field.
• Minimum of at least one year of work experience in a similar position.
• Proficient computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office apps, Google Suite, designing infographics using Adobe, Canva etc
• Knowledge on production of online content and infographics will be an asset.
• Knowledge of standardized business support work routines and methods
• Sound cross-cultural, interpersonal, and networking skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Able to make new and useful ideas work
• Able to always exercise discretion, in particular, when dealing with confidential issues.
1. Very Organised
2. Creative and takes initiative.
3. Team player
4. Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
5. Self-motivated person able to work without regular supervision
6. Ability to relate with SNV’s mission values, and objective
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/oneclick-ui/company/SNV/publication/5ebf9328-9cca-4811-ab3a-b96064cefbcd?dcr_id=DCRA1