Project Manager – Inclusive Markets for Energy Efficiency Uganda (IMEEU)
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Management ]
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy, and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organization, with decentralized management. For more information on our operations in Uganda and SNV generally visit our website: www.snv.org
The project aims at developing Sustainable, inclusive Markets for appropriate energy efficiency (EE) products and services for households, business, and institutions. A sector development approach will be applied, aimed at developing a socially inclusive ecosystem for energy efficiency (enabling environment), combined with targeted, contextualised support to SMEs and ESCOs (supply) and stimulating uptake of EE products and services by increasing awareness among energy users (demand). The thematic areas are agriculture (focus on agribusinesses and farmers cooperatives) and built environment (focus on EE solutions for households, businesses, and institutions).
SNV is seeking to recruit the services of a Project Manager (PM). The major responsibilities of this position are:
Project management and coordination:
Overall responsible for development of an implementation strategy including gender considerations, the execution of activities and achievement of the programme objective. Manages and motivates the consortium team, partners, and relevant stakeholders. Plans and assigns deliverables and activities including financial assistance (e.g., Market Development Fund), reviews their progress and addresses deviations in terms of timelines and quality, based on project planning, deliverables agreed, budget set, monitoring and reporting guidelines. Realises synergies between relevant projects if and where possible. Responsible for delivery of short-term support as needed. Coordinates with all other different key stakeholders in both the energy and agriculture sector.
Access to finance:
Manage the design and implementation of the financial assistance to enterprises (Market Development Fund), ensuring adherence to the MDF manual and supports the engagement of local and international financial institutions, donor agencies and multilateral development banks in the sector.
Leads on the engagement with and between academia, private sector, government, and other stakeholders in the Energy Efficiency sector.
Knowledge Development and Innovation
Manages the learning agenda and leads on the coordination of internal and external knowledge development and innovation.
• Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline (management, business administration, business economics).
• Proven track record with over 7 years of experience in project management and/or advisory services related to access to finance for businesses in a rural and urban context.
• Experience with the provision of business development support to enterprises in a rural and urban context.
• Good knowledge of intervention and strategies in business development support and a market development
• Effective sector coordination through dialogues engaging the government, private sector, academia, and civil society stakeholders.
• Knowledge and experience with the application of standards for gender and social inclusion in the implementation of programmes.
• Experience with knowledge development, innovation, and organizational learning.
• Excellent communication, presentation and debating skills with experience in profiling in an international setting.
• Strong interpersonal and influence skills and experience of working in a matrix organisation.
• Ability to incorporate gender in programming
• Proficiency in both written and spoken English.
• High level of integrity and accountability.
• Preferably, expertise on and experience with energy and/or organic fertilisers in Uganda
Terms of Appointment
This is a full-time position based in Kampala, Uganda. The contract duration is 2 years, with possibility of extension of another 2 years. The desired starting date is 15th December 2021, contingent to funding. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience, including a competitive secondary benefits package.
Working at SNV
We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/oneclick-ui/company/SNV/publication/56060504-fdaa-4b58-adb2-5896dd41ea86?dcr_id=DCRA1